Discover ADHD relief through massage chairs. Massage chairs have found a home in many clinics, hospitals, and pain treatment centers around the world. Thanks to the list of ailments and symptoms they can relieve. Conditions ranging from physical injuries to opens in a new windowmental health issues can see improvements from massage chairs, even in children and teens. That being said, it’s good to know whether or not Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) falls on that list or not.
Knowing the Benefits of Massage Chairs
In order to determine how well ADHD symptoms can be treated, the actual benefits a massage chair offers must be taken into account. This makes it a simple process of finding the overlaps of ailments and ADHD relief options.
Current Medical Uses
Massage chairs have seen a sharp increase in medical settings as massage therapists transition to improved technology that is on par with a manual massage. Hospitals and clinics utilize massage chairs for relief of symptoms stemming from:
- Cardiopulmonary conditions such as asthma
- Pain from injuries or operations
- Trauma, eating, and other mental disorders
- Neurological conditions including seizures and migraines
- Sickle cell disease and bleeding disorders
Out of the above conditions, the most common way massage chairs help is by relieving tension and pain while encouraging blood circulation. These are two of the largest areas a massage chair can help with ADHD, especially when used as massage therapy for teens or students.
This is supported by a clinical trial conducted by Touch Research Institutes at the University of Miami School of Medicine. opens in a new windowThe trial was completed by taking 30 students between 7 and 18 years of age, all diagnosed with ADHD.
A one-month period with two 20-minute sessions a week found that each student benefited by having a better short-term mood and long-term classroom behavior.
Modern Features of Massage Chairs
Advances in massage technology have been the driving force behind the increase in medical applications of massage chairs as they often provide benefits a massage therapist can not. These modern marvels include:
- 3D massage systems more fully envelop users for more coverage and deeper ADHD relief.
- L-Track shapes optimize for better positioning of massage mechanisms from head to toe, often pairing with automatic scans to provide custom ADHD relief based on each user’s body.
- Zero gravity relief is achieved by reclining the massage chair and letting the compression alleviate pressure.
- Full body air massage that uses air cells to apply a blanket of gentle compression across the entire body, especially helpful for ADHD as it keeps the sensation level consistent.
Utilizing massage chairs as an alternative to traditional massage therapy for hyperactivity has seen multiple cases of success for relieving ADHD symptoms. It’s accomplished through relaxing the mind and body, allowing the user to fully relax and better tackle the storm of thoughts and impulses that cloud the brain.
Implementing massage chair therapy into a daily or weekly routine can reap major ADHD benefits, so take the time to opens in a new windowlearn more about massage chairs and find the perfect match.