The holidays are fast approaching. Soon (if not already) you’ll be planning menus, inviting guests, shopping for meals, shopping for others. This time of year puts great emphasis on giving thanks, giving to others, and making other people’s holiday wishes come true. That creates a lot of stress, and you can’t do all that if you have nothing left for yourself. So, we ask, what have you done for yourself lately? In order to maintain that pace of giving, it wouldn’t hurt to indulge in a little self-care. So take a load off. Have a seat. And may we suggest, massage chair therapy is a a way you can reduce stress?
Why Are You So Tired?
What are the fatigue factors the holidays present us with? Here are some.
- So Much to Do/So Little Time: As we mentioned already, you have a lot on your plate at this time of year. And never enough time, seemingly, to get to everything.
- Bad Weather: Along with the holidays, winter is upon us. The weather doesn’t care how much you need to get done. So you find yourself out in the rain, the sleet, the snow, the cold, trying to get through your to-do list.
- More Stress: The combination of those two factors ends up affecting you as stress. You register the impact physically and psychologically. And yet you may think you’re too busy to do anything about it.
Massage Chair Self-Care
These are the top 3 reasons to get yourself a massage this holiday season.
- Reduce Your Stress: Massage Therapy is a scientifically proven means of reducing stress. Taking a 60 or 90-minute massage chair break in the comfort of home this winter allows you healing “me time” you need to provide for your loved ones.
- Boost Your Immune System: With the increase in stress hormones, being either inside around lots of family and friends who may be nursing colds and flu OR being outside with the cold and damp puts a MAJOR strain on our immune system. Clinical studies show that Massage Therapy increases NK cells— the body’s natural killer cells, aids in the fight against bacteria and infection, and naturally enhances the body’s ability to get nourishment to important areas.
- Warm-up, Prevent Injury, Ease Muscle Soreness: Even if don’t have to shovel or plow, on cold, damp winter days, our muscles get tight. And if we have the snow, so much the worse. So warm up with a massage chair treatment. Use Massage Therapy to ease the soreness and pain and help you to recover faster, and to prepare for the physical challenges a winter day can present.
Home is Where Your Health Is
In the midst of the holiday hurry and the stressful weather that accompanies it, take time in the comfort of home to take care of yourself. We offer many options for that massage chair that can be your refuge, your relief during the holidays and the winter months that follow. Check out the ever-popular Panasonic MA73 for a fantastic array of features, including 3D adjustable deep tissue massage, precision body scanning, and heated back rollers. Other models and styles are available to fit your needs and your budget.
Call and we’ll be happy to help you help others to a happy, healthy holiday season!
“Five Reasons to Get a Massage during the Holiday Season.” Athletico, 11 Dec. 2012, opens in a new windowwww.athletico.com/2012/11/30/five-reasons-to-get-a-massage-during-the-holiday-season/.
27, 2017 November. “3 Tips to Overcome Stress During the Holidays.” Certification, Licensing and Accreditation for Massage Therapists | AMTA – American Massage Therapy Association, 27 Nov. 2017, opens in a new windowwww.amtamassage.org/articles/1/News/detail/3587/3-tips-to-overcome-stress-during-the-holidays.